Sarah Lacy is the Founder and CEO of ChairmanMe, an educational platform that offers online courses that empower and support women in career, health, finances, and life in general! Sarah also founded Pando.com on maternity leave in 2011 and built it into a profitable investigative journalism company. She’s been a journalist for nearly 20 years and is known for her fearless, outspoken reporting. She’s been profiled in publications as varied as the New York Times and San Francisco Magazine.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Sarah L. shares how her career has evolved and the start of ChairmanMe
- Women and risk-taking in the workplace
- Internalized misogyny – what is it and how to recognize it?
- Gender polarization
- Working moms in male-dominated workplaces
- Negotiation and eliminating gender bias
- Navigating toxic industries
In this episode…
Entrepreneur by day, mom by night – an all around bona fide superhero (minus the laser beams) – safe to say working moms don’t get nearly enough credit for their extraordinary abilities. Being able to juggle the demands and various risks of your career as a woman, while still putting your family first, is definitely one of Sarah Lacy’s superpowers.
In this week’s episode, Sarah sits down with the Founder & CEO of ChairmanMe, Sarah Lacy, to discuss how women can speak up, the likability conundrum, tearing down the patriarchy, Dolly Parton and just how freaking inspiring our kids truly are.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- LinkedIn | Sarah Nichols
- Nichols Law, P.C. Website
- Nichols Law, P.C. email address: [email protected]
- Nichols Law, P.C. contact number: 415-504-3095
- Instagram (@nicholslawpc)
- LinkedIn | Diana Lyman
- LinkedIn | Sarah Lacy
- ChairmanMe Website
- 2/21/22 Course: Speaking Out Without Blowing Up Your Career
- Instagram (@chairmanmehq)
- Facebook | ChairmanMe
- Twitter | ChairmanMe
- A Uterus Is a Feature, Not a Bug: The Working Woman’s Guide to Overthrowing the Patriarchy
- Bias Interrupted: Creating Inclusion for Real and for Good
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Nichols Law, PC, a San Francisco-based firm that represents clients worldwide and is dedicated to ensuring that women are treated and paid fairly in the workplace.
Nichols Law PC was founded by Sarah Nichols and their mission is to close the wage gap for women and give a voice to employees. Nichols Law represents individuals in retaliation to their discrimination and wage and hour claims. They also assist employees in negotiating their exits from employers.
If you aren’t sure if you’re being treated fairly, visit their website at www.nicholslawyer.com and get a no-cost consultation. You can also send them an email at [email protected] or give them a call at 415-504-3095.