Senior Employment Attorney
Must love the law, be compassionate and organized.
Position: Full time with 2 days per week in-person.
Who We Are
Founded in 2018, Nichols Law is an employment law firm helping primarily employees as they navigate issues with their employers. We are passionate about closing the wage gap for women. We have a culture that is centered on amazing service, continuous improvement, integrity, respect, outside the box thinking, adaptability and fun.
What We Do
We work with employees to resolve their claims through negotiation and litigation. We build consultative partnerships with our clients. Their health and well-being through the process is a priority. Our lawyers and staff are smart, hardworking, and resourceful. Their work and educational experiences reflect those traits. All attorneys have client contact and litigation responsibility early in their careers with us, and supervising attorneys work closely with each associate to provide supervision, support and guidance. Such support also includes a strong emphasis on training and professional education, both within and outside the firm.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work comfortably with firm deadlines and help to keep clients informed as we drive their matters forward. The role will be full-time with 2 days per week in-person as you will work both independently and on a team. You will have the opportunity to obtain career-building experience with potential for advancement and growth and will be expected to help train less experienced attorneys.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Executing high quality legal work efficiently
- Communicating with clients and opposing counsel via email, phone, and in-person
- Handling negotiations and mediations
- Drafting, reviewing and researching briefs
- Conducting depositions and court appearances
- J.D. degree
- Member of the CA state bar and in good standing
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
What will make you successful in this position:
- Tech-savvy & comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Proactive & self-starter
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly, fun, easy to work with and patient with team members and clients.
- Open to feedback
- Strong technical and strategic aptitude
- Ability to independently manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Compassion and empathy
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive base compensation and bonus opportunity
- Flexible schedule and mostly working from home.
- Gorgeous office location.
- Generous PTO.
- Healthcare and 401k offered
- Our firm is an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or military or veteran status.
A Note From Our Managing Attorney:
Thanks so much for taking the time to read our listing. We are currently in a growth phase. It’s vital that we find the right person who feels comfortable with our fun yet high performing team culture as you will be interacting with clients and co-counsel, delegating work, and collaborating with a diverse team. If you’ve read our firm story, the responsibilities and success criteria and think you’d be a good match, we’d love to meet with you. Please send us your resume, the reason you are interested in the role and a writing sample. We can’t wait to meet you and show you how we do things differently.
Nichols Law currently seeks an experienced and tech savvy contract litigation paralegal. Hours will be flexible, starting at 20 hours a week and increasing as is deemed mutually appropriate. We are an employment law firm helping primarily employees as they navigate issues with their employers. We are passionate about closing the wage gap and helping whistleblowers.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to work primarily from home and work with the team to strategize and proactively resolve disputes for our clients. You will obtain career-building work experience with potential for advancement and growth. This position will be largely working remotely with a great team of intelligent, motivated and fun people. Must be available for occasional work in-person in San Francisco, for example if depositions or mediations start happening again in person.
Tasks include preparing and responding to discovery, helping to cite check and finalize briefs, preparing chronologies, assisting with deposition preparation, document production, preparing subpoenas, and reviewing medical records.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
– 3+ years of Paralegal experience
– Exemplary communication, research and organizational skills.
– The ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline-driven environment.
– A four-year degree and/or a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
Our firm is an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or military or veteran status. Our core firm values are integrity, being proactive, collaboration, flexibility and compassion.
Our core firm values are integrity, being proactive, collaboration, flexibility and compassion.
Nichols Law currently seeks a legal administrative assistant to join our thriving practice. We are an employment law firm helping primarily employees as they navigate issues with their employers. We are passionate about closing the wage gap for women.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work comfortably under pressure with firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The role will start off part time with the potential for full time work.
To ensure success, legal administrative assistants should be detail oriented, exercise sound judgment and must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a keen interest in providing purposeful support to our team of attorneys and paralegals.
To inquire, learn more about this opportunity or to apply, contact us at [email protected]